Global ANS Performance Report
The Global Air Navigation Services Performance Report helps CANSO’s air navigation service provider (ANSP) Members measure their performance and benchmark it against their peers. Effective performance measurement enables ANSPs and their stakeholders to better understand ANSP operations in terms of cost-efficiency and productivity. Any ANSP participating in this report is therefore committed to understanding and improving its productivity as well as its transparency to stakeholders.
The Global Air Navigation Services Performance Report is divided in two parts.
- The Executive Summary provides an overall view of the aviation industry from the ANSP viewpoint, showing the impacts of global forces on the ATM industry. It also discusses the evolution of the CANSO performance reporting activity and areas for further investigation.
- The ANSP View shows the performance of individual ANSPs. This part, along with the complementary data sharing activity, is aimed at encouraging ANSPs to examine their own performance with respect to similar ANSPs and discuss possible improvements among themselves.
“The CANSO Global ANS Performance Report and the associated benchmarking practices are used routinely by Airways NZ as part of its regular performance monitoring and collaboration with our customers. Participating in these benchmarking practices demonstrates to customers how Airways NZ strives for better operational performance as well as providing peace of mind that Airways NZ is focused upon providing cost-effective services.”
Airways New Zealand
“ISAVIA has participated in the CANSO ANS Performance Report since 2013. Our continued involvement with and contribution to the report gives us the opportunity to measure our performance metrics and cost effectiveness on an international basis. This collaboration affords us the opportunity to share and compare information with other ANSP‘s from around the world giving us insight into the implementaton of effective practices being utilised by other ANSP‘s. Further, these metrics provide us with valuable information and help us to further improve our service to our customers.”
Dates for the Global ANS Performance Report 2020
- Open for submissions – June 2020
- Submission deadline – 7 August 2020
- Dashboard release – December 2020
- Publication – Q3 2021
Taking part in performance benchmarking
Identifying and tracking significant industry trends is vital for driving improvements in ATM and CANSO undertakes several benchmarking activities that cover the main aspects of ANSP activity: safety, operations, environmental performance, business excellence, human resources and efficiency/performance.
If you would like to take part in performance benchmarking or any other CANSO benchmarking activity, please contact email@example.com for more information.