CANSO is working with aviation partners and stakeholders to navigate the current COVID-19 pandemic and offer support and guidance. Find out the latest here.
New CANSO Guidance: COVID-19 Ensuring Continuity of ATS Service Globally
ANSPs are taking extraordinary measures to ensure the health of employees during this time in order to provide the maximum level of continuity in the provision of ANS and to maintain global connectivity. To help ANSPs better understand the potential operational impacts associated with the COVID-19 virus and what mitigations Members are taking to manage this rapidly changing situation, the document below provides an overview of CANSO Member best practices and approaches to the current issues.
In addition to information issued by the World Health Organization, several parties have issued guidance to on COVID-19 specifically for the aviation community. The links below provide access to additional resources on this important issue.
- ICAO – www.icao.int/Security/COVID-19/Pages/default.aspx
- ICAO Doc 10144 Handbook for CAAs on Management of Aviation Safety Risks related to COVID19
- ICAO – www.icao.int/Newsroom/Pages/ICAO-Council-adopts-covid.aspx
- ICAO – www.icao.int/safety/Pages/COVID-19-Airport-Status.aspx
- CAPSCA – www.capsca.org/CoronaVirusRefs.html
- IFATCA – www.ifatca.org/2020/03/coronavirus-guidance/
- ACI – www.aci-europe.org/industry-topics/covid-19.html
- IATA – www.iata.org/contentassets/f1163430bba94512a583eb6d6b24aa56/airlines-erp-checklist.pdf
CANSO COVID-19 interviews, news and statements
- International Airport Review Webinar: COVID-19: Live aviation industry (23 April)
- CANSO welcomes adoption of rescue package for European ANSPs (14 April 2010)
- Joint effort to deliver additional environmental benefits during the traffic downturn (9 April, 2020)
- CANSO and Aireon announce data-driven partnership to understand COVID-19 impact on aviation industry (8 April, 2020)
- CANSO urges European States to back package for ANSPs (7 April, 2020)
- Air traffic management industry is committed to keeping skies open (3 April, 2020)
- International Airport Review podcast interview (1 April, 2020)
- CANSO joins Latin America and Caribbean aviation industry makes urgent appeal to governments (31 March, 2020)
- We must act now to keep our skies safe (20 March, 2020)
- CANSO urges States to consider air navigation service providers in recovery plans (17 March, 2020)
- CANSO statement on global impact of COVID-19 on aviation (12 March, 2020)