Regional Focus: CANSO Africa Safety Series – Safety Risk Management Pt. 2
The CANSO Africa Safety Risk Management workshop will offer updates, approaches and best practice for the assessment and mitigation of safety risks, providing safety experts from the region the opportunity to expand capabilities, discuss key issues and learn from colleagues across the globe. The workshop will be presented in a series of three episodes.
This second episode will focus on hazard analysis and assessment, in which we will examine an example of an operational hazard related to Covid-19 and return to normal operations (RNO) identified in previous episode, and carry through a full analysis and assessment process step-by-step. This includes an introduction and instructions on how to use a hazard analysis worksheet (HAW) tool to your advantage.
The CANSO Africa Safety Risk Management workshop will conclude, focusing on risk treatment and monitoring on 2 July, 14:00-16:00 CEST.
- Ms. Boni Dibate, Director Africa Affairs, CANSO
- Ms. Loise Mwangi-Njoroge, State Safety Programme Coordinator, Kenya CAA
- Mr. William Amoako, Safety Standards and Quality Assurance Manager, Ghana CAA
- Ms. Keanne Vallejo-Huertas, Safety Management Policy & Training, FAA ATO
- Ms. Amie Brown, Safety Management Policy & Training, FAA ATO
- Moderator: Mr. Shayne Campbell, Safety Programme Manager, CANSO