CANSO Academy: Improving efficiency through remote and digital towers: Part 3
The new CANSO guidance material for remote and digital towers introduces the remote and digital tower concept and technologies. It also explores the drivers, challenges and pressures that can influence operations, provides regulatory, safety and Human Factors insights, and shares a variety of industry case studies.
Its aim is to answer specific questions that ANSPs may have, including what a digital tower is, why and when can they be implemented, how to get started, and what is next for digital towers.
To support General Managers on their own digital towers journey, a new, three-part CANSO webinar series provided an accessible learning experience to help ATM industry leaders understand the guidance material, gain in depth knowledge of the technological aspects, and learn more about the operational perspective from early adopters.
Part three – Case Studies and Key Learning Points:
Our final webinar was another panel discussion with Air Navigation Service Providers (ANSPs) who talked about the operational aspects of remote and digital towers. The session gave an in-depth introduction to the operations of specific case studies featured in the guidance. Attendees familiarised themselves with the operational side of the concept, and had their questions answered.
- Csaba Gergely – Senior ATM ADVISOR/Remote Tower Expert, HungaroControl
- AnnMarie Taggio, Air Traffic Control Specialist, Standards & Procedures, FAA
- Mitchell Bernstein, NextGen Technology Development & Prototyping Division, FAA
- Holger van de Sand, Head of Regulatory Affairs Remote/Virtual Tower Operations, DFS
- Sophia Healy, Head of Service Delivery Towers, Airways NZ
- Torbjørn Henriksen, Manager, Operational Solution Remote Services, Avinor ANS
- Erik Bäckman, head of unit RTC Sundsvall, SAAB AB
- Jacob Edholm, head of unit RTC Stockholm, LFV
- Filip Meert, Strategic Program Manager Digital Towers, skeyes
- Carole Dupre, Project manager, Egis
Download the slides and watch the presentation
If you are not a CANSO Member but you would like to see the slides, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org with your request.
Once you have logged in, you may have to use your internet browser’s back button to come back to this page.
Download the slides