CANSO Academy: Best Practices in the Design of New or Modernised ATC Facilities
While the demand for modernising or building new ATC facilities is always present, finding the best solution that implements our industry’s best practices and remains cost efficient remains a top priority.
This webinar, hosted by CANSO, illustrated the best practices for designing new, or modernising existing, Air Traffic Control (ATC) facilities.
Our expert panel of speakers shared insights about the best practices currently in use for ATC systems, simulation and facilities designs. They also shared their experiences and knowledge of how ANSPs can use technology to meet the many challenges of our fast-moving aviation industry.
Moderated by Think Research Ltd’s Connor Mullan, the panel answered questions about their use of best practices, what they are, and how ANSPs might benefit and meet their needs in this new environment. Covering a wide range of technology and experience, the panel also addressed some of the key issues faced in the post-COVID era and the reality of those circumstances.
Key Topics included:
- ATC systems and how the younger generation can be attracted into ATM
- ATC simulation technology and its’ wide use and many advantages
- ATC Facilities Design technologies to enable local users more direct engagement during the early stages of projects
- Petar Danailov, ASM Expert, BULATSA
- David Shomar, Vice President ATM for Middle East and Africa, Saab
- Greg Pile, Managing Director, Micro Nav Limited
- David Rivers, Director ATC & Airports Evans Consoles
- Moderator: Conor Mullan, Managing Director, Think Research Ltd
Download the slides and watch the presentation
The slides from this event are available to CANSO Members.
Once you have logged in, you may have to use your internet browser’s back button to come back to this page.
If you are not a CANSO Member but you would like to see the slides, please contact Deborah.Seymour@CANSO.org with your request.