ASBU Implementation Training
Methodology and Best Practices for ASBU Implementation
Comprehensive and Integrated Training
A quality service from CANSO in association with MITRE
The Global Air Navigation Plan (GANP), agreed by States at the 38th Assembly of the International Civil Aviation Organization (ICAO), introduced the Aviation System Block Upgrades (ASBU) strategic framework for future air navigation technology and procedure improvements. The ASBU framework is the result of comprehensive consultations with a wide range of aviation stakeholders, and it provides a harmonised and flexible approach for implementing operational improvements to the global aviation system.
The five-day training course provides attendees with a thorough understanding of effective implementation strategies that ensure expedient and cost-effective results.
What You Will Learn
Methodology and Best Practices for ASBU Implementation provides a common understanding of the ASBU methodology for civil aviation authorities, air navigation service providers, and aviation industry companies involved in aviation system modernisation. It provides structured guidance for:
- Selecting, prioritising and implementing the ASBU capabilities by using a needs and dependency analysis (NDA)
- Identifying technology gaps and interdependencies between an organisation’s current ATM capabilities and the ASBU Block 0 and 1 capabilities
- Authoring effective business cases
- Authoring effective cost benefit analyses (CBAs) and performance metrics to support ASBU implementation
- Understanding regional and cross FIR boundary capability needs
- Determining current and future air traffic demand
- Identifying air traffic management (ATM) system deficiencies and how the ASBUs help to resolve them
- Establishing decision points in an implementation schedule to monitor progress
Who Should Attend
- Decision-makers responsible for ATM modernisation programmes and ASBU capability implementation
- Civil aviation authorities and regulators
- Air navigation service providers
- Aircraft operators
- ATM systems manufacturers and solution providers
Find out more
Download the generic ASBU training brochure or find out more about the ASBU training opportunity in Singapore, 16-20 August 2021.
For questions or information on hosting the ASBU Implementation Training, please contact us.