Eswatini Civil Aviation Authority
Eswatini Civil Aviation Authority (ESWACAA) is an organization set up in 2009 to regulate the aviation industry in Swaziland and to also operate the country’s airport and air navigation service infrastructure. ESWACAA has a Board of Directors that provides oversight on the operations of the executive. Its executive is led by the Director General assisted by various Directors in charge of the regulator function, the airport and air navigation services function and the corporate services function.
The objectives of the Authority are to:
- Promote safe, secure, regular and efficient air transport services to, from and within Swaziland
- Provide adequate, efficient and quality airport and air navigation service facilities and services to users
- Meet and if possible exceed the standards and recommended practices prescribed by ICAO in the Annexes to the Chicago Convention
- Provide adequate, efficient and quality airport facilities and services to users
- Develop an airport as a secondary hub
- Maintain a qualified, cost sensitive and motivated workforce
- Restructure civil aviation activities
- Improve the financial and economic viability of civil aviation
- Further the interests of users of air transport services.
Airspace of the Kingdom of Swaziland
Matsapha Terminal Control Area (TMA). The Airspace of the Kingdom of Swaziland lies within the Johannesburg flight information region.
|Number of Towers Operated||2|
|Number of Employees||322|
|Number of ATCOs||20|
Membership Type: Africa Regional Office Membership
Director General: Ms. Andile Mtetwa-Amaeshi
Country: Kingdom of Swaziland
Telephone number: +268 233 35 370 | King Mswati III Airport helpdesk +268 23335000/5160
Fax number: +268 2518 4199
Matsapha International Airport, PO Box D361 The Gables, Ezulwini