Regional Focus: Advancing ATM R&D in the Asia Pacific – Spotlight on AIR Lab
Innovation in the ATM industry has become even more crucial in the wake of COVID-19. From improving safety and efficiency through automation, to building resilience, sustainability and scalability, a strong focus on innovation and technology will be required to drive change in a post-pandemic world. To help ANSPs identify and harness new and emerging technologies, research and development centres are playing an increasingly important role in the transformation of ATM.
Our fourth webinar in the ATM R&D series was entitled ‘Regional Focus: Advancing ATM Research & Development in the Asia Pacific -Spotlight on AIR Lab’. This webinar addressed some of the latest ATM R&D activities currently underway at the Aviation Innovation Research (AIR) Lab in Singapore.
AIR Lab was jointly established by Thales and CAAS with the vision to developing an innovative Open ATM system architecture and exploring how new technologies can benefit ATM.
The session looked at:
- The foundations and principles of building an open system architecture and how these principles apply to ATM systems.
- The development of a Digital Assistant for ATC, in particular how air traffic controllers can leverage speech recognition technology to digitalise manual processes and streamline operations.
- Webinar Introduction by Hai Eng Chiang CANSO Director Asia Pacific Affairs
- Introduction to AIR Lab by Herve Moalic, AIR Lab Director
- Open ATM Architecture by Hugh Rodrick, Chief Product Owner and AIR Lab Deputy Director
- Digital Assistant for ATC by Gan Yung Sze, Innovation Director, Thales Solutions Asia
View the presentation and download the slides
The slides from this event are available to CANSO Members.
To view these please login here or request/reset your password here.
Once you have logged in, you may have to use your internet browser’s back button to come back to this page.
If you are not a CANSO Member but you would like to see the slides, please contact us at email@example.com with your request.
View the presentation