CANSO Academy: Improving efficiency through remote and digital towers: Part one of three
The new CANSO guidance material for remote and digital towers introduces the remote and digital tower concept and technologies. It also explores the drivers, challenges and pressures that can influence operations, provides regulatory, safety and Human Factors insights, and shares a variety of industry case studies.
Its aim is to answer specific questions that ANSPs may have, including what a digital tower is, why and when can they be implemented, how to get started, and what is next for digital towers.
To support General Managers on their own digital towers journey, a new, three-part CANSO webinar series will provide an accessible learning experienceto help ATM industry leaders understand the guidance material, gain in depth knowledge of the technological aspects, and learn more about the operational perspective from early adopters.
Part one – Introduction to the Guidance Material: Tuesday 19 January, 13:00 CET
The first webinar is an introduction to the guidance material. We’ll discuss the origins of its development and its content. Attendees will be provided with an overview of the guidance with a focus on some of the key sections including benefits, challenges, safety, Human Factors, regulation, validation, and more. The webinar will enable the audience to become familiar with the guidance know how to use it properly.
The webinar will be moderated by Coleen Hawrysko, Operations Programme Manager, CANSO, and Conor Mullan, Managing Director, Think Research Limited. The speakers are:
- Niclas Gustavsson: SAAB, Vice President Head of Product & Solutions
- Elizabet Pavlova: Think Research Limited, ATM Consultant
- Rory Hedman: Think Research Limited, ATM and Airports Consultant
- Mattias Abel: LFV, ATM/ANS & Remote Tower Expert
- Zoltan Molnar: Hungarocontrol, ATM Safety and Risk Management Specialist
- Rolf Zon: NLR, Senior R&D manager
- Sarah McLarty: Think Research Limited, ATM Consultant
Agenda to go here