CANSO Executive Summit 2021
CANSO’s Executive Summit, sponsored by Aireon, provided a unique platform for executive leaders and key decision-makers from our member community to meet, exchange ideas and develop new insights as we prepare for the future.
At our Executive Summit 2021 we heard from forward thinking leaders and some of the world’s foremost experts on innovative approaches to the complex challenges that the ATM industry faces.
Watch the replays
All times are CEST
- 07:45 – 09:15: Registration
- 09:15 – 09:30: Welcome and Opening – CANSO Director General, Simon Hocquard, will welcome the audience to our first in-person gathering in over 18 months.
- 09:30 – 10:30: Getting the Industry Flying Again – The last 18 months has been one of the most challenging periods in aviation’s history. In this panel session hosted by Aireon CEO, Don Thoma, Poh Theen Soh (CANSO Director, Asia Pacific Affairs), Gabriela Logatto (President, EANA), Hamza Johari (DG Tanzania Civil Aviation Authority) and Raine Luojus (CEO Fintraffic Air Navigation Services) will provide insight into how the industry has come together throughout the recovery, as well as plans to build a brighter future for aviation.
- 10:30 – 11:40: A Blueprint for Future Skies – Last December CANSO announced the creation of the Complete Air Traffic Services Global Council with the goal of developing a cross-industry vision for the future of our skies. Less than a year later, senior leaders from across the aviation industry will paint a picture of what the skies of 2045 will look like and the plan to develop a roadmap to get there.
- 11:40 – 11:55: Break
- 11:55 – 12:40: Standing for a Sustainable Future for Aviation – Evidence of the undeniable impact of climate change crosses our news channels on an almost daily basis. To secure its future, aviation must chart a path to reducing its environmental impact. United Airlines has been a leader in its approach to this critical issue and was recently recognised by Air Transport World as the 2021 Eco-Airline of the year. CANSO is excited to welcome Lauren Riley, Managing Director, Global Environmental Affairs and Sustainability for United Airlines who will talk about the importance of setting bold targets and taking an extraordinary stand. Lauren will talk about the extraordinary lengths United is taking to become 100% green and the important role that ATM can play in helping the industry tackle one of Society’s biggest challenges.
- 12:40 – 12:55: ATM: Delivering a Sustainable Future for Aviation – CANSO is creating a high-level body of multi-disciplinary stakeholders to identify the key measures that will contribute significantly to emissions reductions and identify ways to unblock the most significant barriers preventing progress. As Chair of this initiative, Graeme Sumner, Airways New Zealand CEO will set the scene for our plans to fast track sustainability efforts in Air Traffic Management.
- 12:55 – 13:00: Wrap up and Close – Simon Hocquard, Director General, CANSO
- 13:00 – 14:30: Lunch