CANSO Operations Standing Committee (OSC) Full Workgroup Meetings 2019
The CANSO Operations Standing Committee (OSC) provides leadership on air traffic management (ATM) operational issues and facilitates the promotion and exchange of industry best practice in operations and technical areas. The OSC held its annual CANSO OSC Full Workgroup Meetings on 14-18 October 2019, at the NLR Amsterdam office and explored the latest trends, issues and achievements in ATM operations.
Why is this week important?
The OSC brings technical and regulatory expertise to ATM operational matters. It provides ANSPs and industry suppliers with a mechanism to exchange information on best practices; establish common positions; and represent the interests of CANSO Members to governments, institutions, regulatory and industrial bodies. It provides operational leadership to implement ATM improvements and identifies future technologies and procedures that will help transform global ATM performance.
This CANSO OSC Full Workgroup Meetings showcased initiatives the CANSO Workgroups are progressing within the operations field, and offered Members the opportunity to collaborate and innovate across different projects.
The following CANSO Workgroups/subgroups/taskforces have met:
- Aeronautical Information Management Workgroup (AIM WG)
- Air Traffic Flow Management Workgroup (ATFM WG)
- Data Link Implementation Task Force (DLI TF)
- Environment Workgroup (ENV WG)
- Operational Performance Workgroup (OP WG)
- Performance-based Navigation Workgroup (PBN WG)
- Unmanned Aircraft Systems and Emerging Technology Workgroup (UAS/ET WG)
- Smart/Digital Tower Task Force (SDT TF)
- Unmanned Aircraft Systems (UAS) Traffic Management (UTM) Task Force (UTM TF)
The CANSO Global Benchmarking Workgroup (GBWG) has also met during this week explored common interests and exchange information.
- Access the latest information on industry developments and technologies
- Network with a world-class community of peers, experts and industry leaders
- Influence outcomes that benefit your organisation and the industry as a whole
- Grow your organisation and build your presence among industry thought leaders