CANSO / ICAO Joint Workshop on Aviation System Block Upgrades (ASBU)
In line with the ICAO ASBU framework, CANSO has identified and agreed on 5 priorities i.e.
- Performance Based Navigation (PBN)
- Continous Descent Operations (CDO)
- Continous Climb Operations (CCO)
- Implementation of Safety Management Systems (SMS)
- Improving of Runway, A-CDM
In November 2014, CANSO Africa in partnership with Mozambique Airports and ICAO, organised an ASBU implementation seminar in Mapouto, where the framework for ASBU implementation, the outcomes of the 12th Air Navigation Conference and 38th Assembly, the Global Air Navigation Plan (GANP), relationship between AFI Performance Framework Form (PFFFS), and ASBU Block 0 Modules Selected for the AFI Region were discussed.
To continue with the ICAO ASBU Implementation inititiative, CANSO is now organising a joint workshop with ICAO, with the following objectives:
- Report back on the status of ASBU Block 0 implementation by the participants
- Assess the challenges of Block 0 implementation of the participants
- Further establish a clear understanding on the components of the ASBU framework
- Assist participating organisations in completing the Air Navigation Reporting Forms (ANRF)
- Assist CAAs and ANSPs in determining the way forward in implementation and priorisation of the ASBU’s in their National Plans
The CANSO/ICAO Joint ASBU Workshop will be held 24-25 April 2019 in Entebbe, Uganda, sponsored by Civil Aviation Authority of Uganda.
You may confirm your attendance to the following contact details:
Ms. Connie Nkosi
Tel: 27 11 607 1245
Mobile: 27 60 533 0849
Venue and travel
The CANSO/ICAO Joint ASBU Workshop will take place at:
36-40 Sebugwawo Drive