CANSO joins social partners in statement on urgent need for action in European aviation
COVID-19 is causing an unprecedented crisis in aviation, both at European and global level. To bring the industry and its employees through this crisis and ensure a smooth recovery, members of the Sectoral Social Dialogue Committee for Civil Aviation issued a joint statement. They are calling for immediate action and long-term vision for the sector.
The signatories call upon the EU institutions and the Member States to:
- Enforce the EASA information bulletins and safety directives as well as establish further coordinated hygienic protocols;
- Enable connectivity and use travel bans only as a last resort;
- Promote economic measures including state aid to retain the integrity of the sector, protect the workers from unemployment and loss of income and abolish taxes to aid the sector’s future recovery;
- Support the relaxation of the slot allocation rules;
- Reaffirm the key role of social dialogue at European, national and company level.
The declaration was signed by members of the Sectoral Social Dialogue Committee for Civil Aviation.